June 20, 2009

And Tonight's Special Is

Last weekend we featured the Brazilian BBQ Buffet that I mentioned briefly here. It did so well that we decided to serve it again this weekend to celebrate Fathers Day.
When I arrived at work I saw a message taped to the kitchen wall.

"Sell 10 Buffets win 2 tickets to the Movies"

So I clocked on, and immediately got a 4 top. Before I had time to get their drink orders, let alone try and push the special, they had already ordered 4 Buffets.
Maybe this was going to be easier then I thought.

I went to the back and was making 4 tally's on the board when I was approached by Dolly, who is known to be a very competitive up-seller (mentioned here).

Dolly: "4 already huh? Did you sell it to them??!!"

GH: "Well, they already knew what they wanted"

Dolly: "It doesn't count then, you have to actually GET them to buy it"
*Moves forward and erases my tally's

GH: "Excuse me. But the Steakhouse doesn't give a shit HOW we sell 10, they just want us to sell 10."
*Re-Tally's 4 buffets

Dolly: "Whatever... I know I could never feel good about winning if I didn't actually get 10 sells."

GH: "That's to bad. I'll think of you while I'm enjoying my free movie."


I sold 14. How's that for irony you crazy psycho.

4 comments:

brit said...

Wow sounds like she gets a little too into the upselling part. christ

Jo ~ said...

is she is same bitch who stiffed you on that British couple table?

redgirl said...

Woo! Go you...just like trying to get people to sign up for credit cards when I worked at Mervyns

Anonymous said...

She's not competitive or uptight much, is she? Geez! I love your reply to her "I'd never feel right if it wasn't ten sales" remark. Let us know what movie you go to see. ;)